Haiyan is still classified as one of the strongest typhoons of all times, but only one year later super typhoon Hagupit showed that the people on the Philippines need to be prepared for future extreme weather events. Expert forecasts assume that there even will be an increase of tropical typhoons in this region.
For this reason arche noVa carries out a new catastrophe precautions project on Samar. We will establish three evacuation centers and implement coastal protection measures in the district Marabut, together with our local project partner Food for the Hungry Philippines (FHP).
Gallery: Philippinen - Samar - Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management
To ensure an organized evacuation in case of emergency, we will establish catastrophe management committees, prepare evacuation plans and execute emergency drills.
- Construction of an evacuation center
- Expand the second evacuation center
- Extent a cave to an evacuation center
- Plant Mangroves and beach forest
- Workshops about emergency management
- Evacuation drills
- Implementing a dialogue platform and inclusion of the rural population
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Private donors