arche noVa - Initiative for People in Need is a non-religious, non-profit- and non-governmental organisation (NGO) from Dresden/Germany working in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
The organisation is a member of alliance Aktion Deutschland Hilft, arche noVa bears the donation seal of the German Central Institute for Social Issues (DZI) since 1996.
arche noVa is implementing various projects in Myanmar since September 2008. We are active in 3 different regions: Northern Shan, Kayin and Rakhine. Our main sectors are: WASH, livelihood, DRR and education. For the implementation and coordination of arche noVa’s country program we are looking for the Head of Finance and Administration Myanmar.
The responsibilities of the Head of Finance and Administration include accountancy, budget management, administration and communication as well as supporting the Head of Mission in other tasks including program coordination and representation.
The Myanmar Country Office is based in Yangon, travel to project sites is foreseen.
- Oversee the finance and administration department for the entire country operation, including finance, admin, logistics, procurement and HR management in the country office and the field offices, including technical support to all of the areas under the Head of Finance and Admin’s (HoFA) supervision
- Review and develop templates and policies in accordance with AN policies and guidelines
- Supervision, auditing, controlling and implementation of corrective actions in areas under responsibility. This includes the supervision of all financial reporting and financial procedures, audits, and cash flow and liquidity management
- Oversee all admin tasks of AN country office, including the daily tasks of logistics and procurement staff, ensuring that all procurements are carried out in line with agreed procedures. Ensure that the logistics and procurement team keeps proper records, and oversee the tracking and recording of all AN assets and inventory.
- Correctly manage all contracts of the Country Office (supply and service, rentals, vehicles, etc.) in coordination with Head of Mission
- Facilitate and oversee capacity building, in-service training sessions, on-the-job training and mentoring support with regard to finance and admin management on policies and procedures throughout the AN operation in close cooperation with local finance and operations staff
- Supervise the Asset Management of Yangon Office and Field Offices incl. rating the actual value of assets, inventory keeping, donation / handing over of inventory to partners and or government
- Overall responsibility, including monitoring and management, for AN country program budget
- Supervise day to day book-keeping and admin operations including the timely and accurate payment of suppliers, salaries, fees, taxes etc
- Preparation and revision of project budgets, budget amendments and extensions
- Supervise bank accounts, money transfers and maintain good cash flow
- Oversee compilation of consolidated monthly project reports by finance department
- A relevant College or University degree and/or a relevant specific vocational training
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in accounting, financial management in the field of humanitarian aid/development cooperation
- Minimum of 2 years experiences of working overseas, preferably in Asia or in other development context
- Experience in writing project proposals incl. budgeting and monitoring of projects
- Experience in financial trainings and leading teams
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in German is an asset for donor reporting
- Knowledge of Burmese or any other local language would be an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player, positive attitude, flexible mind and comfortable working in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, respect and commitment to AN mandate
- Demonstrated ability tin problem solving, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and guiding staff members and partners
- Willingness and ability to travel to project locations within Myanmar
- Salary to be discussed upon further communication
- International health and hazard insurance
- Living allowance
- Travel costs
- Capacity Building Possibilities
Deadline for application: 17th of February 2019
Please send CV and Cover Letter to Ms Pretsch: bewerbung [at] arche-nova.org
Subject: Finance and Administration Manager Myanmar
Further information: http://www.arche-nova.org