arche noVa - initiative for people in need is a religiously independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation (NGO) from Dresden/Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is Water and Sanitation.
The organisation is based in Dresden, Germany, and is a member of Aktion Deutschland Hilft (ADH), the alliance of German aid organizations. arche noVa bears since 1996 the donation seal of the German Central Institute for Social Issues (DZI).
arche noVa is implementing projects for IDPs in North Iraq/Kurdistan (Diyala and Kirkuk province) since September 2013. For the implementation of the arche noVa relief measures in the fields of WASH and basic health in northern Iraq, and for the development of further strategic activities we are looking for a Program Manager North Iraq.
The responsibilities of the Program Manager include operational and project management, financial management, communication and representation of arche noVa to the local authorities and the other local stakeholders. The Program Manager is based in Sulymaniyah / Kurdistan Region of Iraq with frequent travel to project sites.
- Be responsible for planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of project activities as well as impacts of the projects
- Provide accurate and timely project-related reports
- Prepare future proposals as well as seek new funding opportunities
- Ensure Budget Control in cooperation with Finance Manager
- Be responsible for optimal use of logistical, financial and human resources
- Provide PR department at HQ with relevant material for the visibility of the project and further fundraising
- Be responsible for the organization and the monitoring of all procurement within the project in coordination with the Logistician
- Be responsible for interim and final reports in coordination with the head of mission
- Coordinate and link with partners, donors, stakeholders; proactively seek potential collaborations and funding opportunities
- Provide Human Resource Management/Team leading/on-the-job coaching
- Develop structures and processes
- A relevant College or University degree and or a relevant special vocational training showing a strong thematical background in WaSH.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in German is an asset for donor reporting
- Knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish would be an asset
- Minimum of 2 year demonstrated experience in emergency and development project management
- Experience in conflict and crisis areas
- Experience in writing project proposals incl. budget and monitoring of those projects is an asset
- Ability to work in a team
- Management and HR management experience
- Improvisation skills
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Salary to be discussed upon further communication
- International health and hazard insurance
- Accommodation in arche noVa staff house
- Travel costs
- R&R travel costs
Deadline for application: applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Ms Pretsch: bewerbung [at] arche-nova.org
Subject: Program Manager Iraq
Further information: www.arche-nova.org