arche noVa e.V. - Initiative for People in Need is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation (NGO) from Dresden/Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our main focus is on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
arche noVa is implementing projects for IDPs and host communities in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq. For the support of arche noVa’s humanitarian aid projects and transitional assistance in North Syria and Iraq in the fields of education, livelihood, food security and WASH, we are looking for a
Middle East Regional Advisor for MEAL and Programme Development (f/m/d)
The Middle East Regional Advisor for MEAL and Programme Development supports the arche noVa Country Offices for Iraq, Syria and the Lebanon to improve and harmonize their MEAL systems. The advisor contributes to programme development as well as reporting and supports the mission in identifying funding opportunities.
The position is based in Erbil (Iraq) or optionally in Tripoli (Lebanon).
Start: as soon as possible
Contract duration: 12 months with a 6 months probationary period with possibility of prolongation
Harmonized Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support the country offices in developing and implementing a strategic plan for strengthening country MEAL team capacity to design and implement local MEAL systems
- Develop and harmonize the country Monitoring & Evaluation systems, policies, procedures and templates in close cooperation with Country Offices
- Support country office MEAL teams in terms of data collection and analysis: e.g. advise on harmonized data collection methodology and sampling, develop or review instruments for the qualitative and quantitative collection, design data management systems, and advice on data entry needs and requirements.
- Ensure adherence to and integration of cross-sectoral topics in MEAL systems, including gender, accountability, feedback mechanisms, and protection mainstreaming in close cooperation with Country Offices.
- Support the identification and development of digital tools and platforms to streamline and manage MEAL activities in cooperation with the Country Offices:
- In close collaboration with the Country MEAL team verify the quality of collected data and establish systems / procedures to increase the quality of data collection
- Publishing selected Monitoring & Evaluation data within the organization on regular basis and prepare the data for external use
- Support Country Office in regular internal and external evaluations
- Review proposals and contribute to the development of project and programme designs, relevant evaluation methods, logic models, evaluation, development of performance indicators, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks and plans.
- Review, prepare for AN use and share best practices and sector evidence in the sectors WASH, education, basic services, protection and civil society engagement for inclusion of innovative approaches into ongoing project cycles or for future proposals.
- Support anticipatory, generic proposal development for target donors and sectors
- Produce relevant sector analysis and situational analysis for each country office tailored for different stages of submission and different donor requirements.
- Produce country-level meta-analysis on cross-sectional topics such as gender, inclusion, protection, climate change, environmental protection, regional demography and migration.
- Support the Country Offices in qualitative reporting based on sound data and showing the impact of our interventions (giving examples good practices) for donors, clusters, professional bodies, etc.
- Support conceptualization and implementation of own research and research cooperation with partners for each country office on a needs basis upon request of HoM
- University degree in a relevant field of study
- At least 5 years of practical experience in international humanitarian and/or transitional assistance
- Solid professional experiences in the Middle East region
- Sound knowledge of institutional donors (e.g. EU, ECHO, BMZ, GFFO, CBPF, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills, excellent written / reporting and verbal communication skills
- Proven experiences in proposal development, donor reporting and MEAL / data collection systems
- Experiences in capacity building
- Fluent in English, German would be considered as strong advantage
- Motivated, proactive, flexible team member with high frustration tolerance and pro-active working attitude
- Willingness to travel frequently to field locations
- Competitive salary according to internal salary scale, including per diems based on country context
- Housing Allowance to allow individual living (or shared guesthouse if available – no further grant of housing allowance)
- Opportunity to implement your own ideas and to bring in experiences
- Working with a highly motivated team dedicated to improving the lives of people in need
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development
- Possibility to balance work and life through flexible working hours
People with a migration background and people with disabilities are given preferential treatment if they are of the same suitability and ability. arche noVa e.V. promotes equality and a non-discriminatory environment.
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
Deadline for application: 28.08.2022
Please send your application documents (cover letter, motivation, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one pdf document to Ms. Richter: bewerbung [at] arche-nova.org. Please describe your motivation of working for arche noVa as Middle East Regional Advisor for MEAL and Programme Development and tell us your salary expectations.
Subject: Middle East Regional Advisor for MEAL and Programme Development