arche noVa e.V. - Initiative for People in Need is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation (NGO) from Dresden/Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our main focus is on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
arche noVa has been implementing projects for IDPs and host communities in Syria and Iraq since September 2012. For the support of arche noVa’s humanitarian aid projects and transitional assistance in North Syria in the fields of education, livelihood, food security and WASH, we are looking for a
Human Resource and Compliance Manager Syria (f/m/d)
The Human Resource and Compliance Manager Syria is based in Erbil, Iraq, with frequent visits to project sites in North East Syria.
Start: Mid July 2022
Duration: 12 month contract with a 6 months probationary period. Extension is desired
- Maintaining, continuously improving HR system and ensure its smooth implementation
- Reviewing, further developing and harmonizing staff procedures, performance indicators and salary system
- Managing employment contracts in close cooperation with HQ and HoM in accordance to applicable Iraqi / Syrian labour law
- Preparing and implementing recruitments in close cooperation with HoM, HoP and relevant stakeholder, including support for ToR and Job descriptions
- Supporting HoM and HoP in terms of staff planning and developing organization structure as per program needs
- Developing in close cooperation with HoM and HoP local staff capacity building plans, organising and conducting trainings, including training on relevant policies of the organization and ensuring its full implementation by own staff as well as by implementing partner organisation
- Foster the corporate identity of field staff as integral part of the organization
- Developing & implementing inceptions for new local staff
- Providing regular reports on HR development progress, challenges and plans to HoM and HoP
- Conducting regular visits to field offices in NES
- Continuously improving CRM and compliance mechanism for relevant policies of the organization
- Supporting procurement and MEAL teams in terms of compliance
- Translating HR relevant key documents and interpreting during communications with staff
- Providing advice to the Head of Mission in administrative and managerial terms
- Regular and close exchange with relevant colleagues of AN Iraq mission
- Relevant degree in a specific field of study. Certifications related to HR Management will be considered as advantage.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- At least 5 years of practical experience in similar position in international humanitarian and/or transitional assistance
- Having a strong intercultural background and a deep understanding of the Middle East culture and international NGO working environments
- Solid field experience, including in remote and/or high security locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Arabic and English; Kurdish language skills would be considered as advantage
- Highly computer literate with capacity in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Motivated, proactive team member with high frustration tolerance and pro-active working attitude
- The candidate must be willing and entitled to travel to NES
Nice to have:
- Experiences in PSS and conflict management
- Knowledge of German language
- Experiences with German donors
- Competitive salary according to internal salary scale including per diems based on country context
- International health and hazard insurance
- Accommodation in the AN shared guesthouses
- 2.5 days leave per month (30 days per year)
- Hardship allowance to support stay outside of the country every 3 months
- Opportunity to implement your own ideas and to bring in experiences
- Working with a highly motivated team dedicated to improving the lives of people in need
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development
- Possibility to balance work and life through flexible working hours
Please note: This position is a non-family duty station. Accommodation is only possible in the AN guesthouse. Full COVID-19 vaccination required.
Any employment with AN is subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- Receipt of satisfactory references
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this position
People with a migration background and people with disabilities are given preferential treatment if they are of the same suitability and ability. arche noVa e.V. promotes equality and a non-discriminatory environment.
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
Deadline for application: 21.06.2022; as long as it is published
Please send your application documents (cover letter, motivation, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one document to Ms. Richter: bewerbung [at] arche-nova.org. Please describe your motivation of working for arche noVa and as HR & Compliance manager Syria and tell us your salary expectations.
Subject: HR & Compliance manager Syria